Whole sea bream gutted.
Four asparagus spears
One whole lemon
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Wild herbs (dill / rosemary)
100g garlic butter
Two pieces of smoked salmon
- Grease a tray with garlic butter, sit the fish directly on to the tray
- Make three light incisions along the fish to speed up the cooking
- Squeeze a lemon over the fish and season
- Place the herbs along the incisions to increase the flavour
- Bake in an oven at 180 degrees for aprox 10 minutes or until the flesh turns white
- While the fish is baking peel the asparagus.
- Simmer in water for five minutes
- Once the asparagus is par-cooked, remove it from the water, wrap it in the smoked salmon and grill with garlic butter just before the fish is cooked
- For serving:
- Place the fish in the centre of the plate.
- Use a dressing of choice to decorate the outside, balsamic in this case.
- Place the asparagus over the fish accompanied with a wedge of lemon.