1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 green pepper
1 spring onion
1 red chilli
2 cloves of fresh crushed garlic
1 teaspoon of fresh chopped coriander
Salt and pepper for seasoning
2 fillet of Monkfish
6 Scallops out of the shell
Balsamic reduction for dressing (optional)
1 whole lemon
1 teaspoon of tandoori powder
20g blue cheese
- Dice the peppers, chilli, onion and tomatoes.
- Add in garlic, coriander and seasoning.
- Dice the blue cheese and mix in.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to moisten
- Slice the monkfish evenly into six medallions
- Heat pan with olive oil and a teaspoon of butter
- Panfry the medallions for three minutes either side seasoning with salt, pepper, tandoori spice and a lemon juice.
- Allow rest for a minute while scallops are cooking
- Heat the pan on high heat with oil and butter again.
- Sit the scallops evenly around the pan.
- Season with black pepper, sea salt and lemon juice.
- Once both the monkfish and scallops are cooked sit on towelling to drain excess juice.
- Assemble on the plate.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese salsa over the fish
- Garnish with balsamic reduction and a wedge of lemon.