There is a lot of evidence of marine litter along our beautiful beaches but we have a great solution for beach goers to help keep the coasts cleans and in only 2 minutes.
The Clean Coasts programme operates the #2minutebeachclean in Ireland and is proudly supported by the Department of Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government. There are over 100 boards on beaches around the coast and we are asking everyone who goes to the beach to do their very own #2minutebeachclean. Take a snap of the litter you collect and post your snap on instagram/twitter/facebook with the hashtag #2minutebeachclean and #cleancoasts
Calling all beach users to do a #2MinuteBeachClean!
For the second time Clean Coasts have teamed up with Colm O’Regan (comedian and @irishmammies’ author) to help promote this initiative. Colm O’Regan, stars as empowerment and engagement guru, Benicio Sandz.
Speaking about the #2minutebeachclean, Colm O’Regan (comedian and ‘Irish Mammies’ author) said, ‘I really love this initiative, it’s just something small we can all do but if you add up all the 2 minutes we can have a incredibly positive effect on our beaches’
Speaking about the #2minutebeachclean, Sinead McCoy, Clean Coasts Manager said, “The #2minutebeachclean idea is simple and inspiring. You just pick up a few bits of litter when you go to the beach, take a picture of the litter and post on social media, then put it in the bin, it’s as simple as that. Every piece of litter removed from the marine environment is a piece of litter that won’t pollute our oceans or be ingested by marine life. We are extremely excited to be able to work with Colm O’Regan on the campaign again this year”
How to take part in the 2 Minute Beach Clean?
– Follow Clean Coasts – @cleancoasts on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook
– Do a 2 minute beach clean
– Take a snap of the marine litter you collect
– Post your snap on Instagram/Twitter using the hashtag #2minutebeachclean #cleancoasts @CleanCoasts or post your picture to our Clean Coast Facebook page including the hashtags in the post – don’t forget to tell us where you took your snapped your shot.
– Dispose of the waste you collected properly, recycle it/bin it!
– Be safe when you do your #2minutebeachclean
Clean Coasts – protecting Ireland’s beaches, seas and marine life.